Wednesday, May 02, 2007

RT, RWA and Writing Under the Gun

RT and RWA

I've just returned from my first Romantic Times convention.
It was quite an experience. Would I do it again? Yes!
Would I do Romance Writers of America National Conference again? Yes.
Each offers something different for the romance writer.

RT offers exposure to readers and booksellers. If you have titles out or recently coming out this might be a better option for your money. The atmosphere is fun and more relaxed. The Mr. Romance cover model pagent was awesome. The Ellora's Cavemen calendar signing was fantastic. All the guys were very nice.

RWA National conference is a business focused- workshops all day. Parties are for established authors. Agent and editor appointments go quick. PRO or a Golden Heart finalists get their pick after the published authors. CD's are available of all the workshops for a fee. I think this is a great idea along with a book with handouts for a small fee for those who want both.

Writing Under the Gun

Having mentioned in the beginning of this blog of returning from RT, I have lots of submissions to finish, edit and polish. I'm thrilled, scared and overwhelmed. I'm taking the smallest projects and doing those first and working my way down the list. Hopefully, a few of these projects will find the right homes.

I'm going to end with a plug for my newest release, A Taste of the Forbidden in Summer Solstice Scorchers anthology from Whiskey Creek Press Torrid, available June 1. ISBN: 1-59374-966-8. A Tambra Kendall read is: Sensual. Magical. Unforgettable Romance.
posted by Tambra at 9:08 pm

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home