Wednesday, December 17, 2008

The Best Laid Plans...

I'm a little late posting this, but at least I remembered! I have reminder upon reminder set up yet I still manage to miss things from time to time - especially things like blogging dates. Grrrr.

So... what I've been up to lately... lots of writing, lots of waiting to hear back on things I submitted last Spring... lots of gnashing of teeth. In short, typical writer's life things. ;-)

I'm writing a new paranormal novel. It's creeping toward completion at a steady pace and features a really sexy vampire, a lone wolf, a fey knight and some interesting shifter secondary characters including two selkies who just showed up unexpectedly. Of course, now that they're here, boy-o-boy do I have plans for them!

I plan to have the first draft finished by Christmas. Then I plan to turn back to a manuscript I nearly completed last month - the fourth installment of my Resonance Mates series - Grady's Awakening. That will be my next submission to Samhain and hopefully will release mid-to-late next year. It's been percolating at the back of my mind because it needs a little work. I put it aside to think about it and plan to do the necessary repairs between Christmas and New Year's, if all goes according to plan.

I make these plans, but they're always flexible. Something else might pop up that's more urgent, but at least for now, that's the strategy until January. After New Year's I hope to launch a writing challenge on my blog and a bunch of the Daughters have said they'd help out, so look for more info on that when it happens. I like to spend the first few months of the year writing because by April things start to get busy in the way of conferences, traveling and such. So January thru March is prime writing time.

I am a planner. I plan and plan and plan. And then things change. I try not to get too upset about it, but I guess it's better to have too much on your plate than too little. I detest boredom. ;-)

Oh! I should mention that I have a new print release this month. Davin's Quest will release in print on December 30th, so look for it! :) Here's wishing you all a very Happy Holiday!

Labels: , ,

posted by Bianca D'Arc at 12:00 pm

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home