Sunday, October 26, 2008

Fruitful Fall

It’s October. My favorite time of the year. I am a Halloween fanatic. You know those people that decorate outside for Christmas with so many lights you can see them a mile away? (ala National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation) Well, put that idea to Gravestones, Zombies, Grim Reaper and dead bodies, and you will have my house from October 1-November 1.

We go all out. And as a result, I usually find October to be a very energizing month for me. Recharging and getting all my creative juices flowing. My first two published shorts were about Samhain and Christmas, both written around this time of the year.

But not this year. For some reason this year it’s been a drag this month. I work on an as needed basis for my regular job, and I didn’t work much at all this month. So that made me worry about finances. My SIL passed away last month, so we’ve been dealing with that kind of stuff. And my mother isn’t doing very well, so have had to deal with that all long distance.

I am still looking forward to Halloween, but am looking forward even more so to Nov 1. That is the beginning of NaNoWriMo. (National Novel Writing Month). For those of you that do not know, it is a global wide thing where we are challenged to write 50K words in one month. Now 50K isn’t a full length novel, it isn’t even a category length novel, BUT it is a great jumpstart on a longer novel, or a way to finish a novel. It’s how I finished my first full length, Argus: In Dreams.

So, I have already joined up for Nano this year, and I hope, pray and dream that I will be able to get something done that I have been working on half heartedly for a couple years. As I blog in November, I hope to mention how much work I have been doing. Cause darnit, I am gonna get it done this year. Just wait and see.
posted by Tina Bendoni at 5:16 pm

1 Comments:

YAY
You can do it :)

6:02 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home