Thursday, March 29, 2007

Spring things that inspire me

Just to be different, I'm not going to promote any of my books today. (I don't have anything coming out soon, so it's not that big a deal.) Instead, I'm going to wax poetic *snort* about spring. Actually, there are only a few things about spring that I really like...getting out the camping gear to fondle lovingly while I dream about all the places I could go camping if only I wasn't afraid of bears, is one of those things.

Camping is my most favoritest thing to do..it makes me giddy just thinking about it. I can spend hours and hours looking at camping gear even though I don't need any of it. Last year we bought a small trailer and we're hoping to get out more often now, since it's MUCH easier to camp with kids in a trailer than in a tent (2 year old boy in a tent is just a disaster waiting to happen, trust me) I've spent the last few months looking at Provincial Park maps, reading all my Kevin Callan books, and trying out new camp recipies.

My other favorite thing to do in spring is shop for plants, seeds and flower pots. Now, you should know, I have an amazing knack for killing plants. When we go to the garden center, my husband usually likes to ask me if I've picked my latest victims yet. In the 4 years we've lived in this house, I've managed to plant the vegetable garden once and I think we harvested 2 tiny zucchini and a handful of pathetic tomatoes. It doesn't stop me from trying though. One of these years I'll have a bounty of veggies to deal with, and when I do, my husband will be longing for the days when the black thumb of death ruled supreme...the days when every single meal served didn't contain zucchini.

OK, just a tiny bit of promo. My short story, Courting Damnation, releases July 1 from Forbidden Publications...and it's a camping story. I can't seem to help myself, so there will probably be more paranormal tales set in the wilds of Northern Ontario. Now I'm off to plan out this years garden mwahahahaha!
posted by Jennie Andrus at 6:07 pm

1 Comments:

Thanks for the comment about the two year old boy and tent. My son is two and my husband is so eager to go camping it is beyond annoying and frustrating into would you give it up already dammit LOL

WHere have I been? congrats on the sale! Can't wait to read it :)

2:25 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home