Monday, March 12, 2007

Eppies and Things!

Wow, it has been a wonderful weekend! Our very own Bianca D'Arc has won an EPPIE!!!!! Ice Dragon won for Best Erotic Romance Fantasy/Paranormal! Woohoo!!! So what is an EPPIE? These are prestigious awards given by the Electronically Published Internet Connection (EPIC).

Earlier in the month they announced the awards for best cover art. My primary cover artist (until this point), Jinger Heaston, swept the competition. She took first or honorable mention in multiple categories. What awesome stuff!

On the writing front, I've started an erotic romance sci fi with Eve Vaughn. We have plans to have it finished before RT this year. :-)

Other news from our DoC...we're looking forward to having a themed party soon. A come on out and have fun day! And don't forget to stop by Brenda Williamson's Romance party on the 21st. It's guaranteed to be fun! And I've heard through the grapevine, our own Aline has some publishing news! We'll wait for her to tell you the good stuff. :-)

Since I love baking when I'm avoiding work, I thought I'd give you a snickerdoodle recipe I'd recently made:

Snickerdoodles

1 C. butter, softened (that's 20 seconds in a microwave on high if you don't want to wait hehe)
1 1/3 C. Sugar
2 Eggs
3 C. Flour
2 tsp. cream of tartar
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. vanilla
1/4 C. sugar mixed with 2 tsp. cinnamon (mix them in a bowl and set aside, you'll be dipping your cookies in this before putting it on the baking sheet.)

Makes about 3 dozen cookies

Preheat oven to 400 deg F.

Mix together flour, cream of tartar and baking soda. Set aside.

Beat butter and sugar together until light and fluffy (It'll look like little yellow balls)

Beat in eggs one at a time, then vanilla.

Reduce mixer speed (or expect to do a LOT of cleaning) and add flour mixture until well blended. (At this point, you want to add the flour about a quarter at a time and bring the mixer up to high till smooth before adding the next quarter, JMHO)

With your hands, roll the dough into small balls, about the size of a large walnut.

Roll them in the cinnamon and sugar mixture and place 1inch apart on a large baking sheet.
NOTE: If dough is too sticky, chill it a bit before forming it into balls
Bake for about 10 minutes or until the tops of the cookies are a light golden brown, flattened some, and split on top in several lines.

Enjoy! I know my family did. LOL.

Dawn Montgomery

Labels: , , , ,

posted by Anonymous at 1:08 pm

2 Comments:

I wonder why they are called snickerdoodles. The name makes me think of snickers bars, so I figured there would be nuts and stuff. Hmmm....

10:42 pm  

Dawn, what's it like writing colloboratively? How do you decide who's writing what? I've never got the hang of it when I tried so I'm always interested to know how it works for other people!

I'll definitely be trying that recipe, too. Cinnamon with anything wins me over right away LOL.

7:50 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home