Thursday, August 28, 2008

Summer is over?

How the heck did that happen? I think I blinked, maybe even dozed off for a moment, and whammo, it's time to start getting things ready for the kids to go to school! Sadly, we only went camping once! And only one canoe trip! It's practically criminal.

With both kiddies getting on the bus this year, I'll have the house to myself, and man, and I hoping I'll use that quiet time well...I soooo need to catch up on my sleep, er, I mean my writing.

I say we throw a "back to school party" on the DoC group. I know Kim and Michelle are probably thinking about the joyous wonder of a quiet house. Or maybe we'll all be blubbering about it, I don't know. I'm pretty sure I'll be sitting by the phone waiting for word that my son has set the desks on fire, or mooned someone. He's four. He does stuff like that.
posted by Jennie Andrus at 4:49 pm

1 Comments:

lolol

Yep, oldest goes back next wednesday, youngest a week after that.

The school is used to my oldest son, who has learning and language difficulties. A quite, boy who doesn't say much at all. Then they'll experience the full force of the other son...

I'll just get a harassed, pleading look off the youngest's teacher and a beseeching, "Does he *EVER* stop talking?" To which my reply would be, "NO! He never, ever *ever* stops talking. Ever."

And yep, I'll be very much enjoying the quiet of the house.

11:11 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home