Saturday, January 05, 2008

I wanna talk about Nash


First, his cover:
Dayum but the man is delicious, and Victoire looks very nice, too. I'll say it once and let it go, the man is hot enought to be vampire! (ducks from the real Victoire)
Next some blurbage about his story:
If you read The Bodyguard, then you remember him helping Nicolas teach Elena that she can love and be loved again. Though he had a minor role in that story, he does get his story and boy does he get his woman ;)

Philly bartender Victoire Duramel picked the right night to lose control of her magic. The night Fae bodyguard Nash Dupree sensed his soulmate and a strong, untrained magic violently unleashed.

Struggling under the strength of her power, Victoire accepted Nash's help without question. Now he wants to train her and teach her how to control her magic. But there's a price. Her heart and soul.

When she denies him, Nash refuses to let her go. He'll do whatever he must to guard the feisty witch and have her for his own.

And a juicy excerpt:

“Please.” She sounded scared and desperate as tears slipped down her cheeks. “Please, someone help me.”

Before he knew his intent, he’d crossed the distance and placed his hands on her shoulders, sending her strength.

“Let me help you.” When he whispered the words next to her ear, he felt a shiver of desire race through her. She moaned as, unguarded, her lust and magic reached for him.

“Please, let me go. I don’t want to hurt you.”

“It’s all right, love. You won’t hurt me.”

“No.” She shook her head. “You don’t understand. I don’t understand. I’ll hurt you if you don’t let go.”

“You won’t hurt me. Let me help you. Let me ease your pain.”

* * * * *

“You don’t know what you’re saying. If you don’t release me, you’ll end up dead, like that drunken idiot.” Victoire looked up at the stranger through tears. He had no idea what would happen to him if he touched her. If he thought she could control these powers, he was wrong. Dead wrong.

“He’s not dead, and your power doesn’t intimidate me.”

Victoire struggled against desire and the straining magic inside her. She looked up at him. His bright blue eyes held her gaze. She fell into those pools of deep blue, finding a peace in them she hadn’t known since she’d discovered she had magical powers. This man, whoever he was, called to something in her. Something primitive. Something she’d tried to subdue ever since she’d discovered these uncontrollable powers. Goddess help her, she wanted this man, no matter the cost.

As they spoke, he eased through her rapidly weakening shields, letting some of her magic free. A burst of energy streaked to the ground and faded.

“What are you doing?” Panic flared. Victoire rose and quickly backed up. “Stop it!”

“I’m not trying to hurt you or weaken you. You need to release some of your pent-up magic before it hurts you.”

“I don’t know what you’re talking about.” A twinge of guilt ate at her. So she lied. She had to. Even if it was obvious that he’d seen her display.

“It’s okay. I have some powers myself. I don’t think you want to hurt anyone. I won’t tell anyone about you, either.”

Victoire stared at him, trying to understand her fear and lust for this stranger. It wasn’t that she was afraid of him. She was afraid she’d hurt him. And the lust. Good Goddess, who wouldn’t have an instant case of the hots? The man was absolutely gorgeous.

“How do you propose to help me?”

“I’m going to help you release all that energy.”

“How?” She narrowed her eyes and glared at him.

“With sex.”


Michelle
posted by Michelle Hasker at 4:26 pm

2 Comments:

HEheh yep that's my man...alll mine hehe
I love this book.

Aline

12:46 pm  

:D

2:43 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home