Thursday, November 01, 2007

National Novel Writng Month (NaNo)

This is it, I'm finally doing it.
What happens, life has already tried to stop me before I even get started. Translated that means my spouse kept me up late, so I slept later than I wanted to this morning. I also have a doctor's appointment(Rheumatologist, yes I have osteoarthritis in my hands) this afternoon, so I guess I'll just have to write faster to make up for all the problems that have beset me this morning. Hopefully, there are all behind me and I can concentrate on getting started.

The goal of NaNo is to write a 50,000 word novel for the month of November. I am a very slow writer but I want to get faster, so I decided to try this and see it would help. I have a lot of stories I need to get done and submit.

No matter what happens I'll have words on the page, made some new friends and gotten together with ones that are close to me. We're going to encourage and help each other for the next 30 days.

Am I scared? Yes. Will I make the 50K goal? Probably not. But that wasn't my true goal going in. I'm working my way up. Who knows, maybe next I'll be able to reach the 50,000 word goal.
I'm off to start my adventure. You'll know where to find me.
posted by Tambra at 1:00 pm

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home