Thursday, September 24, 2009

Autumn Inspiration



Fall is my most favoritest time of year.  It probably comes from growing up in a tourist town where you never got to enjoy summer because everything was so packed with city people, but oh man when labour day weekend ended you could shoot a cannon up main street and not hit a single car.  You can actually park at the grocery store and not have to circle around for 20 minutes waiting for someone to pull out. (It's a little like trying to shop on christmas eve in a town that only has one mall.)

I always get inspired at this time of year.  There's so much to see and do that could be the basis for a story.  Studio tours, fall drives, farmer's markets, hiking without being attacked by bugs (yay!) it's like summer but without crowds or insect bites.  We try to go pick apples at one of the nearby orchards and the kids get a class trip to a pumpkin patch at school.  One of our favorite things to do is to go to the Dorset Tower, an old fire tower perched on a huge cliff.  It's best when the leaves are starting to turn, but I have some pics of our trip this summer that will give you an idea of what it would be like.

But the best part about fall?  PUMPKINS!  and other squash...I'm not going to discriminate.  I love me some maple butternut squash soup, pumpkin muffins (made some last night), pumpkin bread (made some of that last night too.)  This year I'm so gonna get the hubby to make me some pumpkin creme brulee.  He's been promising to for the last few years and hasn't gotten around to it yet.

Maybe we should have a fall contest.  I'll see what I can cook up.

Hope everyone is enjoying the nice weather and getting lots of story ideas from the season!  I know I am.
posted by Jennie Andrus at 1:26 pm

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home